Monday, July 6, 2015

A YEAR OF ADVENTURE

HI EVERYONE!
It's been kinda crazy here and I guess I honestly haven't felt like blogging for a while.. but there's no way I could wait any longer with this post.

CAN YOU GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS???
IT'S DAY 368

Oh yes. Ladies and Gentlemen. Boys and Girls. Gabby Teacher has been on the West side of the Pacific for officially a year and three days.

And I cannot think of any better way to celebrate this big moment than share the brilliance of more Korean English fails.Oh yes, I have been collecting quite a few~
My year in Korea has lead me to the notice trends in the terrible English. Stationary and menus are where the most commonly atrocious (probably just shoved into Google Translate without one glance at the result) English can always be found.

Front of notebooks:
"Attempt is wrong for another forward step with your Hope sees the invisible Can not touch that touched To accomplish the impossible. Does not fall over but will stand up whenever There is life there is hope for the largest"
... What?

"My Best Friend: A man does not seek his luck, luck seeks its man"
Pretty hardcore for a bright yellow mini notebook.

"Music, When Soft Voices Die"
Just plain morbid. 
And all that small font below seems like straight up plagiarism of a textbook on music. 


 Menu:
I don't really want to eat my hand though...

And finally signs:
Women don't need saving.
(In the Korean above it it just says to save a drowning person. No gender specified)

And considering that I haven't been exclusively in Korea during this past year.. Here is a photo from Thailand, where fun English also exists: 
I've heard that plenpy of Vitamin C is the perfect amount.

Alright, I promise I'll write a more real blog post soon.
See ya~

개구리 티철 (geguri teacher... aka Frog teacher, another new name bestowed on me by my students)

No comments:

Post a Comment