Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Oh nothing big or anything...

I'd just like to tell you about my last two days at work. They were completely normal. 재환 clawed my face so hard I have a small, baby fingernail-sized red mark on my chin. 유진 gave me a raspberry (or mouth-fart, whatever you want to call it) that was so loud (Morgan, you'd be proud) and surprised me into a fit of laughter that made the shocked babies all laugh in response. Yesterday the weather was nice so we took the three eldest on a walk to a nearby park. Then we gave them baths. It was a quiet past two days... nothing else happened.

JUST KIDDING.

WELCOME TO CELEBRITY VISITAS!
Thats right ladies and gentlemen. It is the latest fad to show how humane and loving you are by volunteering for an hour or so at your local adoption's nursery! You just come on in and look pretty for those babies and the world will realize what a good person you are.

This means that on Monday a little known celebrity from a group called 2NE1 came to visit. She is just the leader of the group. And the most awesome, bamf, female rapper in the world. YES, CL came to Holt with her sister and some manager-like people. She fed my favorite, 지훈, during mush time and the really attractive man she was with fed 유진 his mush, and I stared at them while absently shoving a spoon full of mush in 도진's face.

She brought five teddy bears for all the boys. It's the same bear that she is obsessed with, called Rilakkuma, and takes everywhere with her:


It was amazing. CL was just sitting there, hanging out with the babies I've spent the past week with, and I couldn't believe it was real. I mean this: 



was sitting mere feet away doing this (photo from her visit to Holt last year):

She was really nice. She laughed a lot with the babies and seemed so relaxed, so I felt bad when all the other student volunteers and I got her autograph, but she was really nice about it. She is supposedly fluent in English, and she spoke really well, but (I don't know where this criticism is coming from because I love 2NE1) what she said to me could easily be rehearsed lines for meeting fans, "Have we met before? You look familiar. What's your name? What a cute name!" etc. but regardless I felt like the queen of the world when she said that to me.
CL wasn't wearing makeup so we couldn't take pictures (she is known for always wearing tons of eye-makeup) but I thought she looked really pretty even with a bare face. She looked a lot younger and more, I don't want to say normal, but more real might suffice. I was shocked at how skinny she was. For some reason I pictured 2NE1 as a more normal sized (i.e. not anorexic-thin) KPOP group, but that might just be because of their attire... because CL is without a doubt, the skinniest Korean I have met this summer.
I stayed 30 minutes overtime because CL was there, and I would've stayed longer if I didn't have a meeting with a friend (love you Jongyoon! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ)
But I have to say, seeing CL as a real, laughing, breathing person has only made me admire her and 2NE1 more. I am currently trying to get tickets to their show when they come to Japan this fall. ;)


Yesterday another celebrity came, 김지수.

 I honestly had never heard of her before (she has been in several Korean movies and dramas I haven't seen) so she was really just another pretty (and super skinny) woman in my eyes... and I didn't stay overtime to watch her.

Now I'm off to my last day at work (NO DON'T TAKE AWAY MY BABIEZZZ)
I wonder if anyone famous will come today?

-성냥개비

No comments:

Post a Comment