Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Placement updates!

Hey again! It's Day 33!

This just in:

There was an ETA last year named Gabrielle. She is white. I think her birthday is in January. She cut her brown hair into a pixie cut (I may have stalked her on Facebook). She taught at Hwacheon Elementary School.

My name is Gabrielle. I am white. My birthday is in January. My brown hair is cut in a short crop. I will be teaching at Hwacheon Elementary School.



WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?????

But actually.
I am kind of paranoid about people who have the same name as me, and cannot help but feel like I have to compete with them and prove myself. This person has way too much in common with me. My mind is freaking out.

Will my students be confused? Will they compare me with her all the time? Will they talk behind my back like, "I like the other Gabrielle better." "Gabby teacher is not as good." "I wish the old Gabrielle was still here."

Yes. I'm being irrational. But I can't help it!
I considered putting down on my preference form that I do not want to be in the same town as a Gabrielle from last year, but, thinking it as a joke, thinking that that was too obvious, no way would I be near the other Gabrielle, and I didn't put it down.
Now I'm at the same school as a teacher named Gabrielle?? 진짜 멘붕.

To add to my worries, apparently Korea doesn't understand insulation and so the buildings… well, they aren't insulated.
Quick reminder - I'm in the coldest province with reported winds from Siberia.
So, um, if you see me after this winter, I think I'll have a new look going for me:


WINTER IS COMING

I am getting more than slightly overwhelmed…

안넹!!

No comments:

Post a Comment