Tuesday, December 16, 2014

School and Hwacheon festivity

Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi!!

It's Day 166~ wow~
I just drank some lovely mix coffee and feel very energetic!
Yes. This is how happy I am. And how much I care about what other's think of my face. (for you Morgano!)
 

What's mix coffee? Just a lovely Korean invention for instant coffee. Any coffee critic (cough snob cough) would be devestated with this invention. It honestly isn't even real coffee. It's a power you pour hot water on and then BAM! it's ready for consumption. Looks like this before you add the water:

mmmm sugar
 
Most of them taste incredibly sweet with only a slight hint of coffee flavor. Some are a bit stronger. Learn more here! (remember pink equals link!)

Now for some very overdue introductions. First I would like to introduce my school:
wow what a great photo right?
 
Aaaaand that's the only photo I have I my school. Eheh. ^^;
The colorful building on the left is where all the main classes, cafeteria, gym, etc are. The other building has the preschool, a computer room, and a few 6th grade classrooms (I think... I've never actually explored that building much). The big dirt field is where students play and do sports for PE. There are some play structures around Hwacheon, but none that are officially part of my school. And students don't have American reccess anyways.
 
If you'd like to see many more photos and some great descriptions, check out my friend (and the other Fulbright teacher at my school) Amelea's blog! She actually takes photos and stuff.
 
But Gabby~ why don't you post more photos??
... Whelp. I honestly feel uncomfortable taking photos of my students, because I don't feel like they are accessories to display to my friends back home. I know there are many people who take photos without that intention, and earlier I even posted one of the photos my students took themselves with my phone, so this makes me seem kinda hypocritcal and all. Well I'll just stop talking about that. In short, sorry but you won't get many chances to see my adorable students. THEY ARE MINE MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

 
And for more photos of the beautiful town of Hwacheon.



 
We are more than a little obsessed with fish, because of the super awesome ICE FISHING FESTIVAL!! Less than a month from now it will start! Every day, for the past few weeks, people have been working all day putting up fish light decorations. Even Seoul subway advertisments are flaunting our amazingness:

 

There are a few places in town that actually have some Christmas spirit instead of fish festival spirit:

It's Leanndra! In a coffee shop!
 
Speaking of the holidays, I have some very exciting stories to tell you. But I have decided to keep my blog posts shorter so you'll have to wait for the next one! heh heh heh
 
Come back soon okay?
Okay I love you bu bye~ (KIDS WB FOREVA!)
 
~ 가위바위보! (another name students have given me... because Gabby sort-of-not-really sounds like the Korean for Rock Paper Scissors)

No comments:

Post a Comment