Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Short and simple

Hi everyone,

It's Day 153~*

Welcome to December!~


*This '~' is used very often in casual Korean writing to give a softer feeling. (It's actually kind of hard to explain~)

I just wanted to write a short something, and this won't be packed with many jokes (Oh no! What is Gabby's blog without the jokes? Nothing.)

Yes, I can feel your outrage as I write.

Writing is very restorative to me. Writing a blog like this, with no formal audience, does make my sentences more twisted, sarcastic, and humorous, because I don't want to bore myself while I write. I do not have much reason to be my silly self at the moment, yet I'm afraid I've gotten into the habit and can never write somberly here.~






December has brought the absolutely serious-no-nonsense end to our "warm" weather. This entire week our temperature gauge has been from below freezing (high) to SUPER below freezing (low). We won't be above freezing again until next week (forecast 39 degrees F woohoo).
And the winds have come. The even-superheroes-will-wet-their-spandex terrifying Siberian winds. This wind makes you stop caring what the temperature is. You stop caring about anything other than covering all exposed skin, and putting one foot in front of the other.


My poor host brother, who is the skinniest little elementary schooler (he looks a year or two younger than he actually is) was walking home the other day, and the wind got so strong on the bridge out of town, he said he could barely stand, much less move foreward!~

I will tell you more about my host family soon.
For now, I think I'll wrap up this post.~

Finally, I have a secret message that most of you will not understand.~ That's okay. It's for me and not for you.

G Hay, Lily, and Rose, (since I was young, I thought of you all as a trio). I will always love you. Thank you for the books, warmth, and never superfluous care.

Forever and always,
Your little Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment